Christmas will be here in the blink of an eye and if you’re thinking of outsourcing your Christmas meal in Perth and dining out this year, you’re in the right place.
You may think not many Perth restaurants open on Christmas, but we think you’ll be pleasantly surprised. There are actually plenty of places to have Christmas dinner, lunch and even breakfasts to suit all palates and all budgets.
Perth is full of Christmas events leading up to the big day. So whether you want to kick-start the festivities with Christmas Eve celebrations or find the best options for the big day, you should find something here on our list of restaurants open Christmas Day in Perth.
Find a gorgeous Christmas Day dress to wear out to your meal.
Restaurants open Christmas Eve for dinner
If you want to get a head start on celebrations, or traditionally celebrate on Christmas Eve, then check out these restaurants open on Christmas Eve in Perth.
TBC for 2022: Start your Christmas festivities at this stunning rooftop oasis in the heart of Perth. The Moroccan-inspired restaurant continues its Christmas dinner feast right up until Christmas Eve. You’ll find Moroccan spiced porchetta, chargrilled tiger prawns, cous-cous stuffed peppers and a range of other delectable dishes. Add on a “Christmas tree” of Turkish Delight martinis (for the adults) and you’re set for a rollicking good night.
Dinner – $tbc per person | Turkish Delight Martini Christmas Tree – $tbc
To book your spot, head to the Hadiqa website or call (08) 6277 0387.
The Flour Factory
TBC for 2022: Enjoy your gin? The Flour Factory will get you into the festive spirit with its special GINdulgent Christmas selection of dishes designed to share, with an optional premium drink pairing. Open for Christmas Eve dining.
Feast only $75 | Feast with matched drinks $110
Bookings can be made via the Flour Factory website or phone (08) 9485 1711.
The Woodvale Tavern | Woodvale
TBC for 2022: Head along and join in the Woodvale Winter Wonderland for the Delicious Christmas Buffet and lots of festive fun. You choose on the day: All you can eat 3 course Christmas Buffet with all the trimmings or Choose from the A La Carte Menu. Kids Zone – Kids Movies, Kids Craft & Colouring Station.
Christmas Buffet: Adults $40 | Kids Aged 4 – 12 $20
To book your place visit the Woodvale website or phone (08) 9309 4288.
Restaurants open for Christmas breakfast
It’s said breakfast is the most important meal of the day and there are plenty of options available on Christmas Day. Whether you want a light start to the day without cooking and cleaning, or you’d prefer to go all-in rather than have Christmas lunch, these restaurants open Christmas Day for breakfast in Perth.
Fraser’s | Kings Park
TBC for 2022: Choose from three different dining venues within Fraser’s and the Botanical Café, all serving up breakfast and lunch to tame even the biggest appetite. Both the restaurant and Botanical Café feature a continental-style breakfast with a choice of hot plates, espresso coffee, tea and juice. Elevate your breakfast in the function centre where you can enjoy a large range of buffet breakfast options, plus tea and coffee.
Restaurant: Adults – $80 | Children (5-11 years) – $45 | Children (under 3 years) – $20
Reception centre: Adults – $169 | Youth (13-17) – $95 | Children (4-12) – $50
Botanical café: Adults – $55 | Children (4-12 years) – $20 | Children (0-3 years) – Free
Function centre – Adults – $75 | Children (4-12 years) – $40 | Children (0-3 years) – Free
Highchair hire in all venues: $20
Bookings are available for all venues for seatings from 7.30am (except the Reception area which is from 11am) via the Fraser’s website or phone (08) 9482 0100.
The Wild Fig | Scarborough
TBC for 2022: Christmas day breakfast is available 7am-9.30am from a la carte menu. Bookings highly recommended, a $25pp deposit is needed to secure your booking which will be deducted from bill on the day. Deposit is non refundable and must be used in full on the day and 15% surcharge on the day applies.
Christmas Lunch is five course menu with a 3 hour basic drinks package (soft drinks for the kiddies). Adult: $160 & Kid:$60. Three seatings 11am-2pm, 11.30am-2.30pm, 12pm-3pm. 2 weeks’ notice required for cancellations & non refundable after the 10th December.
Book to avoid disappointment. Visit the website or phone (08) 9245 2533.
Pagoda | Como
TBC for 2022: Start Christmas Day with a fantastic breakfast in the historic ballroom of the Pagoda Resort and Spa. From 7am-10am enjoy a wonderful selection of meals from the breakfast buffet while overlooking the Swan River. It’s an elegant yet relaxed way to start the day.
Adults – $55 | Teens (11-17 years) – $40 | Children (4-10 years) – $30
For more information or to book visit the restaurants website or phone (08) 9482 0122.
Best Christmas Day lunch Perth has on offer in 2022
For many people Christmas lunch is the most important part of the day, and if you want someone else to do the heavy lifting there are plenty of restaurants open Christmas Day that should meet your needs. From set menus to buffets, seafood and traditional fare to Italian feasts and vegetarian options, these are some of the best options for Christmas lunch Perth has to offer.
Bar Orient | Fremantle
TBC for 2022: Bar Orient will not be hosting Christmas this year. Check back next year for Christmas celebrations.
Visit the website for more information or phone (08) 9336 2455.
Esplanade Hotel | Fremantle
TBC for 2022: The Esplanade will come alive with beautiful Christmas decorations, the sound of cheerful carols and the wonderful aroma of delicious food. Santa will make an appearance with gifts for the little ones, while the adults will enjoy 3 hours of free-flowing drinks. You’re spoilt for choice with either a 5-course set menu at the Harbour Master restaurant or a buffet with a twist in the Ballroom. Both lunches take place between 12pm and 3pm.
The Harbour Master set menu features:
- Hot smoked Tasmanian salmon
- Traditional roast turkey
- Char-grilled beef fillet
- Warm Christmas pudding
- 3-hour beverage package
- Christmas Crackers for extra festive cheer
Adults – $185 | Teens – $145 | Children – $50 | Infants – $10
The buffet includes:
- Mouth-watering seafood
- Hot festive dishes
- Two roast carvery
- Meat and cheese platters
- 3-hour beverage package (soft drinks for children)
- Christmas Crackers and kid’s activities
Adults – $179 | Teens – $110 | Children – $50 | Infants – $10
Bookings and prepayment are essential via the Hotel Esplanade website or by phoning (08) 9432 4000
Gucce Pizzeria e Cucina Italiana| Applecross
TBC for 2022: How about a Christmas lunch with an Italian flavour? Gucce has you covered with a stunning array of meals in its Christmas buffet. The buffet is available from 12pm-2pm. Beverage packages are available as an add on, and Gucce has also crafted a special menu for vegans and vegetarians. The main buffet includes:
- Starters of arancini balls, eggplant parmigiana, garlic prawns, chilli mussels, fresh oysters, salt and pepper calamari, bruschetta, garlic focaccia, antipasto cold meats, caprese salad and Wagyu carpaccio
- Roasted porchetta, roast beef, roast turkey with gravy, roast chicken with sun-dried tomatoes and oregano
- Eggplant and ricotta ravioli with tomato sugo, beef lasagne, gnocchi with Napoletana sauce, mushroom risotto, linguine marinara
- Roasted crispy rosemary potatoes, roasted root veggies with a date syrup and pomegranate, braised eggplant, roasted mushrooms with confit garlic and thyme, steamed greens with garlic and almonds, sautéed kale and pancetta, mixed salad, cos salad
- Classic Christmas panettone with a butter pudding, traditional tiramisu, lemon and lime tart, assorted Italian cheese platters, fresh fruit platters, gelato (for the kids)
Adults – $180 | Teens (13-17 years) – $100 | Children (4-12 years) – $50
Bookings and full pre-payment are essential. For more information visit the Gucce website or (08) 6107 2484.
Ivy & Jack | Perth CBD
TBC for 2022: Ivy & Jack has a warm and inviting atmosphere that’s just perfect for celebrating with loved ones. You’ll get a glass of sparkling wine on arrival then enjoy the wide variety of options available at their buffet. Santa will also be making an appearance with gifts for all kids under the age of 12. Ivy & Jack can also cater to dietary requirements. Just be sure to let them know when you book. There are two sittings to choose from – 11am-1pm and 1.30pm-3.30pm. You can expect:
- West Australian king prawns, Coffin Bay oysters, chilled scallops, and cured beetroot and gin salmon
- Brown sugar and whiskey-glazed roast ham with pineapple relish
- Roasted strip loin, Yorkshire pudding, horseradish and Guinness gravy
- Roast turkey, sage stuffing and cranberry sauce
- A wide range of roasted vegetables, greens, chicken, salmon and Forrest mushroom and thyme pilaf
- Salads, cold cuts and antipasto
- Cream of potato, leek and bacon
- Freshly baked artisan breads and butter
- A huge range of desserts including traditional Christmas pudding with brandy anglaise, pavlova log, mocha Yule log and the ever popular chocolate fountain
- Christmas themed cookies and mince pies
- Wide selection of cheeses, crackers, quince paste and dried fruits
Adults – $129 | Children (5-11 years) – $65 | Children (0-4 years) – Free
Bookings are essential and can be made online. Phone (08) 9261 7233 for more details.
La Sosta | Fremantle
TBC for 2022: Buon Natale! Give your Christmas a little Italian flair with this feast at La Sosta. Christmas lunch features share plates and alternate drops with a vegetarian menu available. There’s also a pared down kids’ menu. Arrive at 12pm to enjoy a glass of Prosecco and nibbles before lunch begins at 12.30pm. The menu features:
- Antipasto Misto including prosciutto di parma, gnocco fritto, buffalo mozzarella with heirloom tomatoes and basil oil, panizza, octopus and a home-made bread basket
- Alternate drop past entrée featuring risotto carnaroli, prawns, chilli bisque and basil or quail ravioli with jus
- Alternate drop mains of porchetta with roasted potatoes or fish of the day with green peas puree, baby vegetables and salmoriglio
- Italian Christmas dessert
- Kids menu incorporating the antipasto misto, gnocchi tomato sauce for main and chocolate and vanilla ice cream for dessert
Adults – $140 | Children – $55
To book visit La Sosta’s website or call (08) 9335 9193.
Post | Perth CBD
TBC for 2022: Bring a little Italian style to your Christmas with a delicious 4-course meal at Post. For the kids, Post will pare down the menu to 2 courses – perfect! Expect the menu to include:
- Italian favourites like Post’s famous porchetta with apple slaw and crispy sage
- Pan-roasted fish with crushed potatoes
- Buffalo mozzarella with oven-roasted capsicum
- Classic ricotta gnocchi
- Coffee-soaked tiramisu generously topped with marsala zabaione
Adult – $165 | Children (5-12 years) – $45
Book online at Post’s website or phone (08) 6168 7822.
The Guildford Hotel | Guildford
TBC for 2022: Christmas Day lunch at the Guildford has something for everyone. The 3-course menu features the hotel’s signature smoked meats and 2-hours of drinks, though vegetarians and vegans also have their own menu that’s sure to delight the tastebuds. There are 2 sittings: 11am-1pm and 3pm-5pm. The 2-hour feast includes:
- Selection of breads dips and vegetarian tarts to start (vegan tarts and dips are available)
- The Guildford’s signature smoked tray with brisket, pulled pork, turkey and sausages
- Vegetable pie for vegan/vegetarian patrons
- Loads of sides including cauliflower cheese, rosemary potatoes, charred broccolini, honey-roasted pumpkin, carrots and Yorkshire puddings, and of course all the right sauce and gravy accompaniments
- Super-sized fruit mince tart, vanilla custard and mixed berry compote (vegan mini fruit mince pies also available)
- Fresh fruit and nuts
- 2-hours of free-flowing house drinks
Adults – $140 | Children (3-11 years) – $60 | Children (0-3 years) – Free
For more information or to book, go to the Guildford Hotel website or phone (08) 9460 9966.
The National Hotel
TBC for 2022: Enjoy a sumptuous 4-course Christmas lunch in the beautifully restored National Hotel. Your lunch is complemented with free-flowing champagne and premium beverages over 3 hours. Chefs are preparing a stunning menu including:
- Shared entrées including turkey and pancetta roulade, poached tiger prawns, grilled Moreton Bay bugs, asparagus with parmesan, zucchini ribbons and pesto, confit chicken and tarragon terrine and smoked salmon
- A feasting main course that includes glazed ham with coriander and fennel, thyme and garlic roast chicken with red grapes and pancetta, pearl barley and nut loaf with pumpkin hummus and caramelised beetroot, and sage and onion stuffing, pigs in blankets and red wine gravy
- Side dishes of roquette, beetroot and parmesan salad, roasted new potatoes with rosemary and truffle oil, beans and baby carrots with pomegranate and sesame
- Desserts including passionfruit curd and fresh mango pavlova, and strawberries with whipped cream
- Selection of local cheese with port-soaked figs, quince paste, fruit, candied pecans and crackers
Adults – $199
Bookings are essential. Visit the National Hotel website or phone (08) 9335 6688 for details.
The Wild Fig | Scarborough
TBC for 2022: If you’d prefer a more casual and affordable Christmas lunch, you can’t go past The Wild Fig. The Scarborough restaurant has put together a delicious 5-course menu that caters to a range of dietary requirements. The menu includes:
- Entrees of oysters and Galettes De Pois Chiche
- Second course of pork belly cooked with honey glaze and marinated tofu with honey and soy sauce
- Main course of ham and turkey slow cooked overnight in cranberry sauce and seasonal vegetable, chickpea and lentil cooked with spices
- Delicious desserts of pavlova
- Final course of Christmas pudding
Adults – $160 | Children – $60
Bookings are essential on The Wild Fig website or phone (08) 9245 2533.
Wildflower | Perth CBD
TBC for 2022: Take a step back in time and celebrate Christmas Day in the iconic State Buildings. Marvel at the Victorian-era façade then wander through the 140-year old buildings, making your way to the rooftop for Wildflower’s second ever Christmas lunch. You’ll be treated to an exquisite 6-course tasting menu over two-and-a-half hours from 12pm-2.30pm, with the option to add a pairing of West Australian wines. The menu features:
Duck Fat Scroll – parfait, desert lime, summer herbs and flowers
Ceviche Of Manjimup Marron – avocado, finger lime, leek
Raw Wagyu Beef – black garlic, mushroom, sea purslane
Pan Roasted Wild Fish – native ginger, pickled mussel, brown butter
South West Dorper Lamb – courgette, eucalyptus, green olive
Desert Lime Sorbet – yoghurt, honey, bee pollen
Wildflower Pavlover – macadamia cream, Geraldton wa
Menu – $245 per person | Wine pairing – $125 per person
To book or find out more, visit the State Buildings website or phone (08) 6168 7780.
Christmas dinner Perth
Prefer to celebrate Christmas at the end of the day? Then you’ll need to know which restaurants open Christmas Day for dinner. These are some of our favourites for Christmas dinner in Perth.
C Restaurant | Perth CBD
TBC for 2022: C offers an amazing Christmas dinner with a wonderful selection of dishes to tantalise the tastebuds. Adults will indulge in a 3-course menu with a welcome drink on arrival, while children can choose a main with an ice-cream dessert and a soft drink.
The menu includes entrées like homemade potato gnocchi, half crayfish tail and seared scallops, three bird terrine of confit turkey, duck breast and goose parfait, and cured king salmon to name a few. You’ll enjoy mains of Angus beef fillet, seared market fish, Timber Hill pork chop, grilled barramundi or seared duck breast with delicious sides. Dessert is a sweet-lover’s paradise with raspberry pavlova, crème caramel, coconut mousse with passionfruit and mango coulis, sorbet and, of course, traditional Christmas pudding.
Adults – $175 | Children – $75
For more information visit the website or call (08) 9220 8333.
Fraser’s | Kings Park
TBC for 2022: While most of Fraser’s venues are tuckered out after breakfast and lunch, you can still get Christmas dinner in their restaurant. It’s a set menu with bookings starting at 6.30pm. Dinner includes shared entrees, a choice of 3 mains (including ham and turkey options), and a choice of 3 desserts.
Adults – $185 | Children (5-11 years) – $95 | Children (under 3 years) – Free
Highchair hire – $20
Book your place on the Fraser’s website or phone (08) 9482 0100.
Esplanade Hotel | Fremantle
TBC for 2022: You can take your pick as to how to enjoy Christmas dinner at the Esplanade. Either book in for their magnificent Christmas buffet on from 6pm-9pm, or just turn up to the Marine Lounge Bar for à la carte dinner.
If you choose the buffet you’ll be spoilt for choice with a range of hot festive dishes, mouth-watering seafood, two roast carvery, platters of meat, cheese and salads, and tempting desserts. Top it off with a 3-hour drinks package (soft drinks for the kids), Christmas crackers, and a visit from Santa with gifts for each child.
Adults – $159 | Teens – $99 | Children – $50 | Infants – $10
For the buffet, bookings and prepayment are essential via the website. À la carte dinner at the Marine Lounge Bar is for walk-ins only. For more information call (08) 9432 4000.
Restaurants open as normal on Christmas Day
If you don’t want to do the big Christmas Day feast there are plenty of places that aren’t doing Christmas menus at a premium place. For an easy meal or some à la carte options, try one of these:
- Dragon Palace, Northbridge
- Fraser’s Kings Park, West Perth
- Big Bite Burgers, O’Connor
- Mother India Vegetarian, Bedford
- Foo Hua Chinese Restaurant, Wanneroo
- Golden Star BBQ Seafood Chinese Restaurant, Inglewood
- Posh Pizza, Bicton
- Angry Chicken, Canningvale
Restaurants open on Christmas Day
Whether it’s breakfast, dinner or a traditional Christmas lunch Perth has plenty of restaurants open Christmas Day in 2022. We hope our article helps you find the perfect location for your Christmas celebrations.
If you are in need of a shop or chemist or some other useful places open on Christmas Day in Perth click here.
Find out where you can get a Christmas Day lunch in the middle of the year because some Australians celebrate Christmas in July across the country.
Join our Facebook group to jumpstart your Christmas planning all year long!