Want to know which restaurants open Christmas Day in Adelaide? Then you’re in the right place. We’ve hunted around and put together a list of restaurants open on Christmas Day to suit all palates and all budgets.
Celebrating Christmas in Adelaide starts in mid November, with a range of Christmas events and of course gorgeous Christmas markets. Then, at the end of the month, we often enjoy a great Christmas meal with our family and friends. So, whether you’re looking for Christmas breakfast or a casual bite, or want someone to do the heavy lifting and host Christmas lunch in Adelaide, we’ve found a variety of options to meet your culinary needs.
Restaurants open Christmas Eve for dinner
Do you traditionally celebrate on Christmas Eve? Perhaps you just want to start celebrating early. Whatever your reason, these restaurants open Christmas Eve in Adelaide with festive feasts to tantalise your taste buds.
Avenues Café and Bar | Stepney
Get an early start on Christmas celebrations with Avenues’ Christmas Eve celebrations. Rather than a set menu, Avenues is offering à la carte dining where you can choose from something as simple as tapas through to pub food and restaurant-style meals. Dinner is on from 6-8pm, and if you get there early you can take advantage of their Christmas Eve happy hour from 5pm.
For more information or to reserve a table visit the Avenues website or phone (08) 8362 3500.
Marion Hotel | Mitchell Park
Kick off your Christmas celebrations with a fancy 2-course Christmas Eve menu in the Marion’s dining room. The menu features roast beef fillet with delicious roast veggies and cauliflower cheese for main course, followed by a pavlova board with all your favourite toppings.
$50 per person
For bookings go to the Marion Hotel website or phone (08) 8276 8888.
Stamford Plaza | CBD
Feast on a Christmas Eve dinner with all the trimmings in the Stamford’s opulent Crystal Room. Adults receive a glass of sparkling on arrival and then enjoy shared tables with a wide selection of dishes and a 3-hour premium beverage package.
Expect a fabulous antipasto spread, salmon quiche, cheese boards, sushi, salads and a soup station. There’s also a Christmas fondue with house-made chicken sausage rolls, cabana sausage and churros. And of course there’s plenty of seafood, traditional fare at the carving station, other hot selections, and a magnificent dessert buffet complete with Christmas pudding.
For more information visit the website or phone (08) 8461 1111.
Restaurants open for Christmas breakfast
If you can’t be bothered cooking and cleaning with a big day ahead, or perhaps would rather start the day with a big meal instead of Christmas lunch, then you’ll be looking for Christmas breakfast options. These restaurants open Christmas Day for breakfast in Adelaide.
La Boca Bar and Grill | CBD
Fill your Christmas morning with a taste of Argentina. Enjoy a glass of sparkling on arrival then settle down to a spread of your breakfast favourites. There’s a selection of freshly baked croissants, blueberry muffins and Danish pastries with barista coffee, tea and juices.
You’ll also get to choose from four hot dishes: bacon, chorizo, mushroom, eggs and tomato ragout; pastrami, balsamic baked tomato, Spanish potato omelette with eggs and porcini mushroom sauce; king salmon toasted bagel, sautéed spinach with eggs and hollandaise; or a stack of buttermilk pancakes with spiced cherry compote, Chantilly and maple syrup.
For more information visit the website or phone (08) 8461 0394.
Esplanade Hotel | Brighton
Spend Christmas morning by the seaside with a delicious breakfast at the Espy. The hotel is serving up a set menu with bookings from 8am.
Adults – $59 | Children (5-12 years) – $35 | Children (under 4 years) – Free
For more details check the Esplanade Hotel website or call (08) 8296 7177.
Seacliff Beach Hotel | Seacliff
Here’s another option for seaside breakfast dining. The Cliff will host a Christmas buffet breakfast from 9am so you can kick the day off right, without worrying about the cooking.
Adults – $55 | Children (4-12 years) – $20 | Children (under 4 years) – Free
Visit the website for bookings and more information or phone (08) 8296 7466.
Best Christmas Day lunch Adelaide has on offer in 2021
When it comes to Christmas lunch Adelaide is spoilt for choice. From pubs to historic buildings and everything in between, there are plenty of restaurants open on Christmas Day in Adelaide. There are set menus, buffets, and amazing feasts, and a lot of restaurants offer children’s menus and vegan or vegetarian alternatives. Here are some of our favourite Adelaide restaurants open Christmas Day.
Aldgate Pump Hotel | Aldgate
Enjoy a festive 3-course meal at the Aldgate Pump Hotel, with a lovely twist on Christmas favourites. The menu includes:
- Entrées of chicken and leek pithivier with roast beetroot, pumpkin and pear salad, or prawn remoulade and avocado stack with watercress, radish and herb salad
- Mains of slow cooked porterhouse, turkey and prosciutto roulade or Atlantic salmon with delicious sides
- Desserts of the chef’s house-made Christmas pudding with brandy custard and house-made gingerbread, or meringue roulade with chocolate mousse, raspberries, strawberries, mango sorbet and fairy floss
Adults – $99 | Children (under 10 years) – $50
To book or for more information visit the website or phone (08) 8339 2015.
Ayers House | CBD*
Enjoy Christmas lunch in the beautiful surrounds of historic Ayers House. You can choose from four exquisite settings: The Conservatory, The Ballroom and The Library, or Henry’s Table. The 3-course meal includes a 3.5-hour premium drinks package. Children under 12 can choose from the main menu or a special children’s menu. The lunch features:
- House-made bread with Paris Creek organic butter and stracciatella cheese to start
- Individual seafood tasting plate with blue swimmer crab, classic prawn cocktail, smoked salmon mousse and panko crumbed and fried whiting
- Mains of traditional roast turkey, grilled Port Lincoln kingfish fillet and char-grilled beef fillet
- An individual dessert tasting plate with Christmas pudding and brandy anglaise, passionfruit and coconut sorbet, and 72% Ecuadorian choc mousse
- Premium drinks with Petaluma Croser NV sparkling and a variety of South Australian white and red wines, bottled beers, soft drink and juice
- Alternative children’s menu featuring house-made crumbed chicken strips with chips and salad greens, and chocolate and vanilla ice-cream with a chocolate freddo and chocolate biscuits
Adults – $220 | Children (up to 12 years) – $70
To make your booking go to Ayers House website or phone (08) 8224 0666.
La Boca | CBD
For something a little different this Christmas, why not indulge in a traditional Argentinian Christmas lunch. On arrival you’ll be greeted with a glass of Argentinian sangria, before tucking into a wonderful array of delicious dishes served on platters to your table. Vegetarian platters are available on request. The main menu includes:
- Picada (entrée) of grilled and roasted vegetables, home-made sausages, traditional corn cake, cold cuts, grilled mushrooms and empanadas
- Pescados (seafood) including oysters, prawns, garlic mussels and whole salmon
- Asador (fire-pit/BBQ) with a selection of beef, lamb, pork and turkey all served with matching traditional sauces
- A range of salads
- Traditional Christmas desserts
Adults – $119 | Teens (13-17 years) – $79 | Children (5-12 years) – $60 | Children (under 5 years) – Free
Visit the website for more information and to book, or phone (08) 8461 0394.
Lakes Resort Hotel | West Lakes
You’re spoilt for choice at Lakes Resort Hotel with celebrations in Restaurant Crusoe at midday, and in the Lakefront Banquet Room and Function Centre with sittings at 11.30am and 12.30pm. The 3-course menus include a 3-hour drinks package, including unlimited soft drink or juice. For children under 12 there’s a kids menu, a visit from Santa, and free face painting for the kids at the Restaurant Crusoe feast. The main menu in both venues includes:
- Individual entrée grazing plate
- Individual main course grazing plate
- Desserts for the table in Restaurant Crusoe, and individual dessert grazing plate in the banquet room
- Coffee, tea and chocolates
- 3-hour premium beverage package at Restaurant Crusoe, and 3-hour all inclusive drinks package in the banquet room
Restaurant Crusoe: Adults – $149 | Teens (12-17 years) – $89 | Children (3-11 years) – $33 | Children (under 3 years) – Free
Banquet room: Adults – $129 | Teens (12-17 years) – $68 | Children (3-11 years) – $33 | Children (under 3 years) – Free
For more information or to make a booking visit the website or phone (08) 8356 4444.
Largs Pier Hotel |Largs Bay
Spend a fabulous day with family and friends at Largs Pier Hotel’s Christmas feast. There’s a 4-course set menu with delightful dishes including:
- Crackling pork belly
- Braised beef cheek
- King George whiting
- Roast turkey
- Chilli and ginger local squid
- Chef’s Christmas pudding or Champagne jelly trifle for dessert
Adults – $120 | Children (under 15 years) – $45
Bookings are essential. Phone (08) 8449 5666 or visit the website for more information.
Marion Hotel | Mitchell Park
Enjoy a delicious 3-course menu of festive favourites, seafood and tasting plates at the Marion’s Christmas lunch feast. Complete with a drinks package, festive trimmings and a visit from Santa, it’s the perfect way to celebrate with family and friends. A vegan menu is also available on request and there’s a special kids menu for the younger children. The main menu includes:
- Entrée tasting plate with SA king prawns, tempura fried pumpkin, prosciutto, salami, Woodside cheese, marinated vegetables, grissini, lavosh and dip
- Mains of Atlantic salmon, roast turkey, beef fillet served with fondant chat potato, broccolini, green beans and roast pumpkin
- A dessert tasting plate with white chocolate rocky road; caramel popcorn, pretzels and almond bread; chocolate brownie; and pavlova
- Drinks package including tap beer and cider, Willow Point wines, soft drinks and juice
Adults – $130 |Teens (12-17 years) – $60 | Children (3-11 years) – $40
To book visit the website or phone (08) 8276 8888.
Mayfair Hotel | CBD
Looking for a 5-star venue for your celebration? Enjoy a sumptuous Christmas lunch with all the trimmings at the Mayfair. Featuring traditional favourites, seafood and decadent desserts there’s sure to be something to suit everyone. Add on a drinks package and you’ll be in for a very merry Christmas. The menu includes:
- Chef’s selection of fine charcuterie and cheese
- Premium iced seafood platter with Coffin Bay oysters, SA Gulf king prawns, dressed crab, and ceviche of Hervey Bay scallops
- Roasted turkey breast or honey-glazed ham with root vegetables
- Asparagus almondine and festive salad
- Chef’s petit fours including summer berry pavlova, chocolate rum cake, macarons, choux au craquelin and traditional fruit cake
- Optional drinks package for $50 per person, including Maison Mumm petit cordon sparkling, Howard Wines, beer and soft drink
Adults – $199 | Teens (12-17 years) – $149 | Children (6-11 years) – $99 | Children (3-5 years) – $50 | Children (under 2 years) – Free
Make you bookings via the Mayfair website or phone (08) 8210 8817.
Rob Roy Hotel | CBD
For a feast of traditional festive favourites you can’t go past the Rob Roy. The hotel’s 4-course menu includes a welcome drink, and there’s a special children’s menu for the younger ones. Dishes include:
- Prawns with iceberg lettuce, cherry tomatoes and brandied cocktail sauce accompanied by Christmas ham with pickles, cheese and crostini
- An assortment of slow roasted turkey, pork and beef, or a slow-roasted vegetarian stack
- Rocket and pear salad or Greek salad and seasonal vegetables
- Pavlova with seasonal fruits, toasted marshmallows, whipped cream, crumbs and cherries
- Tea and coffee with petit fours
- Children’s menu featuring a crudités plate, chicken schnitzel with chips and salad, and Christmas snacks and dessert
Adults – $110 | Children (under 12 years) – $25
For bookings and further information go to the Rob Roy Hotel website or phone (08) 8223 5391.
Settlers Tavern | Ingle Farm
The Settlers offers a very affordable Christmas lunch with its all-you-can eat Christmas buffet. Platters are served straight to your table and topped up regularly throughout the sitting. You can expect:
- An array of antipasto
- Delicious seafood
- Meat platters
- Delectable desserts
Adults – $90 | Children (5-12 years) – $40 | Children (0-4 years) – Free
For more information or to book, visit the Settlers Tavern website or phone (08) 8263 1077.
The Gully Public House and Garden | Tea Tree Gully
This has got to be one of the most budget-friendly offerings for Christmas lunch Adelaide has to offer. It’s all about sharing with a buffet-style lunch served straight to your table and topped up regularly. The 4-course lunch features:
- An array of seafood
- Meat platters
- Wide selection of desserts
- A visit from Santa
Adults – $95 | Children (5-12 years) – $35 | Children (0-4 years) – Free
Book via the website or call (08) 8264 2288 for more information.
The Kensi | Kensington
The Kensington Hotel offers up a family-friendly Christmas lunch with something for every palate and every age. Yes, the Kensi has separate menus for children and toddlers. Vegetarian options are available on request as well. The 3-course adults menu features:
- Coffin bay oysters, slow-cooked pork belly or beetroot and goat’s cheese arancini for starters
- Mains of pan-seared barramundi, beef fillet or roast turkey breast with a variety of well-matched sides
- Christmas pudding, cinnamon crème brûlée or pecan brownie, all with delicious accompaniments
The children’s menu features:
- Entrées of roast pumpkin and feta arancini or grilled chicken salad
- Mains of roast turkey breast, battered fish and chips or Wagyu beef cheeseburger
- Mini pavlova or ice-cream sundae for dessert
- Under 5’s have a choice of penne, battered fish and chips or chicken nuggets, and Kensi sundae or Kensi jelly cup for dessert
Adults – $110 | Children (5-12 years) – $40 | Children (under 5 years) – $15
Make your booking via the Kensi website or phone (08) 8332 1300.
Woodville Hotel |Woodville South
The Woodville is another great choice for a budget-friendly Christmas lunch. Held in the hotel’s beer garden, the 3-course menu includes a wonderful selection of dishes to choose from. There’s also a kids menu and a visit from Santa. The main menu includes:
- Entrée of coconut crusted king prawns, lor mee chicken or vegetarian risotto stack
- Mains of stone-grilled sirloin, turkey breast, macadamia-crusted Northern Territory barramundi or sweet potato gnocchi
- Christmas pudding, chocolate cream pavlova or mango and lime panna cotta
Adults – $90 | Children – $24
To book or for further details visit the website or call 908) 8347 1133.
Christmas dinner Adelaide
Prefer to celebrate Christmas in the evening? These Adelaide restaurants open on Christmas night for dinner.
La Boca | CBD
Enjoy a magnificent Argentinian-inspired celebration with La Boca’s 5-star Christmas platter dinner. You’ll be greeted with Argentinian sangria on arrival before enjoying a fabulous array of entrées, seafood, asador (fire-pit/BBQ) meats, salads and desserts. Vegetarian platters are also available on request.
Adults – $119 | Teens (13-17 years) – $79 | Children (5-12 years) – $60 | Children (under 5 years) – Free
For more information or to make a booking visit the website or phone (08) 8461 0394.
Riverside Restaurant | CBD
Finish Christmas Day with a 5-course menu of pure indulgence. Start with an antipasto plate, a seafood tower and your choice of pasta for entrée. Then choose from Murray River beef tenderloin, slow cooked pork belly or roasted Atlantic salmon for your main. A dessert tower and petit fours complete the menu, made all the more extravagant with unlimited sparkling, white and red wines, beer and cider. You can upgrade to bottomless MUMM Champagne for an extra $40 per person.
For more information or bookings visit the Intercontinental website or phone (08) 8238 2400.
Restaurants open as normal on Christmas Day
Not everyone celebrates Christmas, and not everyone wants the big Christmas feast at a premium price. If you’re looking for something a bit more relaxed, these Adelaide restaurants open Christmas Day for normal trade.
- Birkenhead Tavern, Port Adelaide (Open 12-9pm)
- Ellenika, Glenelg (Open 12-3.30pm, 5-8.30pm)
- Ginza Miyako, Stamford Plaza (Open 6-10pm)
- Joe’s Kiosk, Henley Beach (Open 7am-12pm)
- Local Grind, Walkerville (Open 8-10.30am)
- Nutrition Republic, Goodwood (Open 9-11am)
- Star of Greece, Port Willunga (Open 12-5pm)
- Sol Bar and Restaurant, SkyCity (Open 6.30-10am, 12-3pm, 5.30-10pm)
- Taco Quetzalcoatl’s, Salisbury (Open 11am-9pm)
Restaurants open on Christmas Day
Whatever your dining desires, there are plenty of Adelaide restaurants open on Christmas Day and across the festive season. We hope our article helps you find the perfect location for your Christmas celebrations.
Find out where you can get a Christmas Day lunch in the middle of the year because some Australians celebrate Christmas in July across the country.
Got a Question?
Want more ideas for celebrating Christmas in Australia?
Join our friendly community – ask questions and get answers from locals.